Peritoneal Dialysis is a treatment for kidney failure that uses the lining of your abdomen or belly to filter the blood inside your body.
During this, a cleansing fluid flows through a tube (catheter) into part of your abdomen. After a set period of time, the fluid with the filtered waste products flows out of your abdomen and is discarded. These treatments can be done at home, at work, or while traveling.
Why chooseHyderabad Dialysis
- 1st in South India to conduct an interhospital Swap Transplant
- Involved in Sequential Liver and Kidney transplants
- Individualized attention to every patient
- Over 1000+ transplants conducted
- Trusted Emergency Care and ICU Facility
- Free diet consultations
How does it workwith us
Continuous ambulatory peritoneal
In this method, your abdomen is filled with dialysate and allowed to sit there for a period of time after it is drained. Gravity moves the fluid through the catheter and into and out of your abdomen.
- You may need three exchanges in the day and one with a longer dwell time while you sleep (2 during the day, 1 at night)
- You can do the exchanges at home, work, or any clean place
- You’re free to go about your normal activities while the dialysate dwells in your abdomen
Continuous cycling peritoneal
Also known as automated peritoneal dialysis (APD), this method uses a machine (automated cycler) that performs multiple exchanges at night while you sleep.
- You must remain attached to the machine for about 10 to 12 hours at night.
- You aren’t connected to the machine during the day.